Tuesday 29 July 2008

shoes shoes shoes...

It was my Mum's birthday at the weekend. She's become slightly shoe-obsessed. So I gave her this drawing of some of her shoes:

She cried, but in a good way! Think I may make it in to some cards or something (she's given me her permission, hehe).

Went to London yesterday, up to the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, and then over to Seven Dials and Covent Garden. Had a lovely day. And I actually sat and did some drawing, which was really nice.

The one above I drew whilst sat in the sun listening to a busker (who, I must add, was very good). So it's been a bit of a busy few days, but I hope to get back to some screenprinting and cushion making over the next few days. Though, with this weather, it's tempting to just laze about in the garden...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mum has great taste! And your drawings are fantastic - love their simplicity.

Lucy Player said...

She does indeed - it's just annoying her feet are bigger than mine, so I can't steal her shoes!
And thank you very much, that's very kind :)