Saturday 17 April 2010

Image making No.2








Although I was reasonably pleased with the watercolour illustrations for the Mythology book, I wanted to try a different approach. Cardboard cutouts have been arranged and photographed to depict the forces of nature. I think they create a stronger set of visuals than the previous illustrations - by making something 3D they also lean towards the sculpture/monument aspect of mythology, in a way.

They were also pretty fun to make. A little messy, mind...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these. And the previous experimentations with natural phenomena :-)

Nela said...

Messy, but gorgeous. Love them!

Lucy Player said...

Thanks you two! Was pretty fun to do. You should have seen me trying to rig up the photographs - it involved a box, some Blu-tack, a large sheet of paper, and me sitting cross legged in the middle of the kitchen table!

sally illustration said...

i love these- brilliant!x

Lucy Player said...

Thanks Sally - was much fun!