Thursday 13 May 2010

Alabama Kitchen


I received some exciting post this morning.

A few months back, I got an e-mail from Annie Herlocker, a graduate student at The University of Alabama. For her Book Arts MFA Annie's been learning letterpress printing, hand papermaking, bookbinding and book repair.

For her thesis project, Annie developed a cookbook, showcasing recipes from three local Alabama farms, to be hand-bound and printed on handmade paper. She approached me to supply some illustrations for the book, and this morning a couple of copies arrived in the post! It looks fab - well done Annie!


In other book-related news, I went to visit a bookbinders this morning. If all goes according to plan, I should be back there next week to leave my printed Final Major Project in their capable hands..!

No comments: