Tuesday 7 April 2009

Chelsea buns & Bakewell tarts

I dug out my watercolours this weekend. I've got so comfortable with my simple line drawings, but wanted to push myself a bit more. I'm a bit scared of colour and paint and things, but thought I'd give it a go. And with the help of some ink, this is the efforts of the past couple of days:


The food&illustration project has taken me on to British food and regional delicacies. I did these watercolour and ink drawings but then wasn't too sure what to do with them. Wanting to celebrate British produce, I thought I could make them in to a promotional campaign or something, and found out about British Food Fortnight. So that's what I did - a series of postcards to promote British Food Fortnight. Sorted.

Next up: food and individuality. Need to do a bit of brainstorming and get stuck in to that one.

3 comments:

Fabric Nation said...

Love these drawings, especially chelsea buns. I was moaning with a friend the other day about american style cupcakes being on everything and how much nicer it would be to see a few butterfly cakes and chelsea buns on our pinnies, brollies and other accessories. Down with the cupcake and long live the chelsea bun!

Fabric Nation said...

except of course glue & glitter's cupcakes, they are allowed!

Lucy Player said...

hehe, I know what you mean - there's something a bit quaint and rustic about a nice Chelsea bun or Eccles cake :)